5 Items to Consider Before Reducing the Price
5 Items to Consider Before Dropping the Price
When a house won't sell, the answer is often to drop the price, but how much and when? The following are some items to consider:
- Price the house right to begin with - it will get the most acitivity when it first goes on the market.
- Lower the asking price sooner rather than later while it's still fresh in buyers' minds.
- If there has been no offers in one to two months time - consider dropping the price, then re-evaluate every two to four weeks.
- When you drop the price, lower it enough to make the home the top house in a lower price range rather than the bottom house in a higher range.
- The most expensive the house, the greater the decrease needs to be to attract new buyers.
Price the house right to begin with!