What Not to Overlook on a Final Walk-Through
Be sure that:
• Repairs you’ve requested have been made and completed. Obtain copies of paid bills and any related warranties.
• All items that were included in the sale price—draperies, blinds, lighting fixtures—are still there.
• Screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
• All appliances are operating.
• Intercom, doorbell, and security alarm are operational.
• Hot water heater is working.
• HVAC is working.
• No plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard. (Hey, you laugh now but it's happened!)
• Garage door opener and other remotes are available. Remotes for ceiling fans too.
• Instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are there.
• All personal items of the sellers and all debris have been removed. You don't want the seller leaving their garbage for you to dispose of. This includes old paint, flammable materials, etc. Have the seller take their refuse with so you don't have to deal with it.